1. Introduction 2. Definitions and Interpretation 3. This Document 4. Your Information 5. Cookies 6. Disabling Cookies and Stopping Emails 7. Where We Store Your Information 8. Uses Made Of The Information 9. Disclosure Of Your Information 10. Your Rights 11. Contacting Us 12. Amendments To This Privacy & Cookies Policy
1.1 The legislation covering data protection is quite complex and in summarising some legal aspects in this document, the content must be regarded as brief and imprecise. For proper legal advice you must consult a qualified expert on the subject.
1.3 In constructing the legislation covering protection of your data, the authorities have defined ‘personal data’ as data which relate to a living individual who can be identified by means of that data. In addition, they have defined who controls that data (the data controller) and who processes that data (the data processor). In connection with this website, we define these entities, below. In the case of Mailchimp, their ‘processing’ of the data is confined to sending you emails prepared by Animus Books Ltd. These emails are only sent at your explicit request in writing or by the positive action of ‘subscribing’ and sending us your email address information through the ‘Subscribe’ link on the website. We use Google Analytics to assemble various metrics to enable us to maintain the website to an optimum level of interest and commercial support. In both cases, the processing of the data may be halted by you as described in para. 6, below.
1.4 Irrespective of any legal requirement, Animus Books Ltd. is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1.5 This document was last updated on 17th July 2018
2. DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
2.1 In this document
the “Website” means www.jslandor.com
“Animus” means Animus Books Ltd., which is a limited company registered in England and Wales under the name Animus Books Ltd and Company Number 08750498, with its Registered Office situated at 10-16 Tiller Road, Docklands, London, E14 8PX.
the “Terms and Conditions” means the conditions of use and the conditions of sale set out on this website in the Animus Terms and Conditions of use and sale on the page entititled Terms and Conditions.
“you” and “your” means the person using the Website or ordering goods under the Terms and Conditions
“us” means Animus and you together
“we” means Animus
the “Legislation” is the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679, which was made effective on 25th May 2018
for the purposes of the Legislation, the “Data Controller” is Animus
for the purposes of the Legislation, the “Data Processor” is an organisation known as MailChimp, which is a registered trademark of The Rocket Science Group LLC, a registered company located at 675 Ponce de Leon Avenue NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA or Google LLC.,a registered company located at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
3. THIS DOCUMENT
3.2 Please see the Terms and Conditions for more information about, and the basis on which we provide, the Website.
4. YOUR INFORMATION
4.1 Animus will not collect information that personally identifies you other than that necessary to carry out the normal business practices of dealing with orders, enquiries and accounts. We do not collect any personal data for any other purpose except and only with your explicit permission, your email address by which Animus advises you of items which might be of interest to you. We do not share personal data with anyone unless required to do so by law.
5.1 Like many other websites, the Website uses a feature called a cookie, which is a small data file that is sent to your browser and stored on your device.
5.3 The types of cookies used by the Website are:
- Session cookies which are used to keep track of your internet session. Without these cookies the Website services that you have asked for cannot be provided. Session cookies are necessary and/or useful for the functioning of the Website. These session cookies will usually be deleted when you log out of the browser although some browsers restore them if you ask the browser to restore your current tabs when it is reopened.
- Persistent cookies such as some analytics cookies, which may persist longer to facilitate navigation and utilisation of the Website features and make your visit more satisfactory
5.4 The categories of information that the cookies collect can be summarised as follows:
- Analytics, such as those provided by a Data Processor, which allow Animus to compile various metrics for our users, anonymously, to get a better understanding of how the site is used. This information allows Animus to make better decisions for future development and we use Data Processors like Google Analytics to set these cookies. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow any Data Processor to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. Cookies set by those Data Processors are in accordance with the relevant Data Processor’s own privacy and cookies policies. Analytics cookies, subscripts _ga and _gid are used to distinguish separate users, not to identify them, and can persist for up to 2 years and 24 hours respectively. Cookies subscript _gat are used to throttle request rate and can persist for a few minutes duration.
- Performance data may be monitored, which enables us to track how long it takes users to load each page, and which pages may be cached in a temporary memory.
- Social media such as Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc. are linked to the Website and may set their own cookies. For you to use their services, you are responsible for agreeing with their Privacy and Cookies Policy as described on their websites.
- By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, you agree to Animus using the cookies and your information in the ways described above, but you can delete any of these cookies at any time if you wish.
6. DISABLING COOKIES AND STOPPING EMAILS
6.1 You may control or refuse to accept cookies by using the option on your browser. This will permit you to refuse the setting of cookies or, if you prefer, to be notified when cookies are sent to the browser. Your browser ‘help’ facility will probably advise you, among other things, about your current cookie settings, how to change them and how to delete any existing cookies. At the time of writing, a couple of useful sites for information on cookies were here and here.
6.2 To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit Google Tools
6.3 If you do not take any steps to control cookies, they will be issued when you use the Website. If you arrange to not accept cookies or decide to disable them, you will still be able to access and use the site, but you may lose some features and functionality.
6.4 You will only receive emails from Animus as a result of your specific request. However, you may stop receiving them by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link on any of the emails that have been sent to you or by contacting us via our webform here. To remove your address from Mailchimp activity over multiple websites, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
7.2 For the Website, Animus use a secure connection (https: which is an encrypted transfer, rather than http:) and all information is stored on secure servers provided by our domain host. However, it is an unfortunate fact that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Animus will use all its endeavours to protect your information, but we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to the Website. Please note that any transmission of data is at your own risk.
7.3 On receipt of your information, Animus will apply strict procedures and security measures to prevent unauthorised access, as required by applicable laws. However, it is understood and agreed that you accept the inherent risks of providing information and dealing online and will not hold Animus responsible for any breach of security that is due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
8. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
8.1 Animus uses information held about you to ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your browsing device. Additionally, this information assists Animus in providing you with the Website services and an understanding of how you use the Website, how it is functioning and what Animus may need to do to maintain and improve the Website.
8.2 Animus may use the information we collect to comply with law, including but not limited to, investigation of a complaint made by another user or a potential breach of the Website’s Terms and Conditions or to prevent and detect unlawful or criminal activity, fraud and misuse of, or damage to, the site or the products, content and services made available through it, and to take appropriate legal action against those responsible.
8.3 Animus may on occasion link or combine the information that we collect about you with information that we receive from other sources and we may use this information and the combined information for your benefit and/or the benefit of Animus.
9. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
9.1 Animus may disclose information that does not identify you personally including aggregated or de-identified data, at the discretion of Animus
10. YOUR RIGHTS
10.1 The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other websites not associated with Animus. If you use the link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own terms and conditions and privacy and cookies policies. Animus does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies and you should make your own independent check of their policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
11. CONTACTING US
11.1 Please contact us at our email form here to request the information that Animus holds on you. If you wish to make a data subject access request, please be advised that any request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet the expenses incurred by Animus in providing you with details of the information held about you.
11.2 Any personal information that you choose to provide us with when contacting us will be utilised in accordance with the Legislation and any other applicable laws and will be destroyed after Animus replies to any queries that you may raise.
12. AMENDMENTS TO THIS PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY